College of Social and Behavioral Sciences2018-2019
Department of Geography, Planning, and Recreation
Community Design, Minor
What Can I Do with a Minor in Community Design?
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||20|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Relate urban economic, social, political, built environment and legal considerations to past, present and future land use patterns
- Understand the issues of design, sustainability and livability in regard to human and physical landscapes
- Design or redesign areas or spaces using various visual technologies, research and justifications
- Effectively work in teams to produce quality and relevant projects
Take the following 20 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site