College of Education2012-2013
Department of Educational Leadership
Educational Leadership - School Leadership, Master of Education
What Can I Do with a Master of Education in School Leadership?
To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
You must additionally complete:
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||36|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
Take the following 36 units:
- CC 580, CC 680
- EDF 670, EDF 671, EDF 672, EDF 673, EDF 677, EDF 703, EDF 704, EDF 711
- EDL 623
- EPS 712
- Comparable foundations courses from outside education that are related to your area of specialization
- Three electives, with one each in ECI, EDL, and your area of specialization
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site