College of Education2013-2014
Department of Educational Leadership
Educational Leadership - School Leadership, Master of Education
What Can I Do with a Master of Education in School Leadership?
To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
You must additionally complete:
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||36|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.|
|Program of Study||View Program of Study|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- NAU Graduate Online application required (www.nau.edu/graduateapply) for all programs. Details on admission requirements are included in the online application.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
- For details on graduate admission policies, please visit http://nau.edu/GradCol/Admissions/Graduate-Admissions-Policy/ .
- International applicants have additional admission requirements: http://nau.edu/GradCol/Admissions/International/.
Individual program admission requirements include:
- Program of study signed by applicant and advisor
Take the following 36 units:
- CCHE 580, CCHE 680
- EDF 670, EDF 671, EDF 672, EDF 673, EDF 677, EDF 703, EDF 704, EDF 711
- EDL 623
- EPS 712
- Comparable foundations courses from outside education that are related to your area of specialization
- Three electives, with one each in ECI, EDL, and your area of specialization
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
- Bullhead City
- East Valley
- Lake Havasu City
- North Valley
- Show Low
- Signal Peak
- Tucson North
- West Valley
Go to mobile site