College of Social and Behavioral Sciences2012-2013
Ethnic Studies Program
Ethnic Studies, Minor
What Can I Do with a Minor in Ethnic Studies?
We emphasize developing relationships with organizations whose work strengthens multicultural and multiracial relationships locally, regionally, nationally, and globally. You will be encouraged to seek out internships which provide you the opportunity to incorporate community service with your academic training.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||21|
Take the following 21 units:
- ES 100 (3 units)
- ES 150, ES 160, ES 200, ES 250, ES 300, ES 391, ES 498C
- Courses such as Chicana Feminism, African Americans and the Law, Non-Violence, Social Change and Race Relations have been offered as special topics. You can repeat the special topics course twice for ES Minor credit, as long as the topic is different each time.
- AIS 101, AIS 201, AIS 202, AIS 232, AIS 304, AIS 350, AIS 450, AIS 470
- ANT 205, ANT 306
- ASN 208
- BME 210, BME 420, BME 450, BME 460
- CCJ 345W, CCJ 415
- COM 301
- ENG 245, ENG 338, ENG 345, ENG 445C
- FOR 230
- GSP 375W
- HIS 293, HIS 380, HIS 381, HIS 385, HIS 386, HIS 396, HIS 413, HIS 496
- HUM 291
- NAV 405, NAV 406
- POS 210, POS 320
- REL 380
- SOC 315, SOC 360, SOC 515
- SPA 311W, SPA 353
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site