Public Administration and Justice Studies
Homeland Security, Minor
What Can I Do with a Minor in Homeland Security?
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Homeland security
- Law enforcement officers, detectives, police managers
- Public agency managers
- Cyber security
- Command and control center specialists
- Criminal investigators and special agents
- Security management specialists
- Transportation security officers
- Local, state, and federal emergency management
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
|Student Teaching/Supervised Teaching||Optional|
Take the following 18 units:
Take 9 units of Intelligence Studies coursework:
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site