The W. A. Franke College of Business2016-2017
International Business Studies, Undergraduate Certificate
What Can I Do with a Certificate in International Business Studies?
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Mathematics Required||MAT 119|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
The W.A. Franke College of Business (FCB) offers more than a dozen undergraduate certificates, some of which are open to all Northern Arizona University students.
For a list of certificates open to non-business majors, contact the Office of Academic Services in the FCB. The FCB will allow you, as a non-FCB student, to take an eligible FCB certificate program if you have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA), and at least 30 units earned. If you have a GPA of less than 2.75 but at least 2.5, we will admit you into an eligible certificate plan on a space-available basis.
Because non-FCB students are not allowed to take more than 27 units of business classes with the FCB, and because most upper-division business courses require admission to the Business Professional Program or a waiver of prerequisite, non-FCB students must visit the FCB Office of Academic Services before pursuing an FCB certificate.
The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
You must complete 6 units of certificate coursework that are not used in your major, minor, or other certificates, and you must complete at least 60% of certificate coursework at Northern Arizona University.
Take the following 15 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
- Demonstrate a third-term proficiency in a language other than English, either by passing a language proficiency exam at the third-term level or by completing a third-term language course (201) with a grade of "C" or better.
- Select from: ECO 486, FIN 480, MGT 405, MKT 480 (9 units)
- Select nonbusiness courses that enhance your understanding, knowledge, awareness, and perspectives of international affairs. (Please note that up to 6 units of this requirement may be waived with proof of an academic international experience such as study abroad or an international internship.) (6 units)
- You must have completed all of the coursework used to fulfill these requirements within the last 10 years.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site