Public Agency Management
Interdisciplinary Studies - Justice Administration, Bachelor of Arts
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Justice Administration?
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
In addition to University Requirements:
- At least 70 units of major requirements including a language requirement
- Be aware you may not use the specific courses in your concentration to also satisfy liberal studies requirements
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Progression Plan Link||Not Available|
Take the following 70 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Justice Administration Specialization (30 units)
- PAS 327 (3 units)
- PAS 330 (3 units)
- PAS 331 or PAS 338 (3 units)
- PAS 335, PAS 337, PAS 339 (9 units)
- PAS 340 or PAS 360 (3 units)
- PAS 357W (3 units)
- PAS 361 (3 units)
- PAS 408C or PAS 421C (3 units)
Concentration in Interdisciplinary Studies
Take at least 15 units that include a minimum of 3 units of credit in each of the following blocks:
Ethical Reasoning (3 units)
- ANT 355, ARH 351, ARH 352, ARH 353
- ART 100, ART 300
- CCJ 215
- EMF 382
- ENG 121, ENG 308, ENG 364
- HUM 101, HUM 120, HUM 351, HUM 352, HUM 353, HUM 370, HUM 375
- MUS 260, MUS 320, MUS 333, MUS 393
- PHI 240, PHI 320, PHI 321, PHI 322, PHI 351, PHI 352
- REL 322, REL 325
- TH 101
- AIS 101, AIS 202, AIS 210, ANT 102, ANT 103, ANT 104, ANT 205, ANT 209, ANT 301, ANT 303, ANT 306, ANT 350
- CCJ 314, CCJ 360
- COM 301
- CST 323
- ENG 245, ENG 345, ENG 381
- ES 191, ES 215, ES 356, ES 391
- HIS 102, HIS 220, HIS 221, HIS 230, HIS 231, HIS 240, HIS 241, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 251, HIS 280, HIS 281, HIS 293, HIS 295, HIS 312, HIS 314, HIS 325, HIS 332, HIS 366, HIS 381, HIS 382, HIS 396
- HUM 130, HUM 261, HUM 281, HUM 291, HUM 362, HUM 381, HUM 382
- MUS 360, MUS 365
- PHI 150
- POS 120, POS 366, POS 370, POS 374
- REL 150, REL 201, REL 206, REL 210, REL 220, REL 301, REL 311, REL 321, REL 331, REL 341, REL 351, REL 355, REL 380
- SOC 204, SOC 215, SOC 315
- WGS 150, WGS 191, WGS 260, WGS 360
- Concentration in Interdisciplinary Studies
Interdisciplinary Studies Requirements
Computer Literacy (3 units)
This coursework must help you to understand, in general, the technical components of computers and information systems, how to solve problems using information systems technology, word processing, spreadsheet use, data base management, graphic information software, website development, graphic design and use of statistical analysis software. Course(s) must have been taken within 10 years of admittance to Northern Arizona University.
Communication Courses (6 units)
You must choose 6 units in the following two categories. At least 3 units of the 6 units must be upper-division.
- Performance-based courses, select one from the following (3 units):
- Theory-based courses, select one from the following (3 units):
- Please note that you cannot use CLEP or locally prepared exams to satisfy this requirement. Transfer credit used to satisfy this requirement must be approved by the Interdisciplinary Studies/BAS Advisory Council.
Language Requirement (16 units)
You must demonstrate proficiency in a language other than English that is equivalent to four terms of university coursework in the same language. You may satisfy this requirement by taking language courses or by testing out of all or part of it by taking CLEP, or other exams.
Additional coursework is required, if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you. (Please note that you may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.)
A completed A.A.S., A.S., or A.A. degree, with an Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC), provides the most efficient means of attaining the B.A. or B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Contact the department of your Specialization for information about liberal studies courses that are specific to your major.
Students transferring into this program from California may meet NAU's liberal studies requirements by completing an IGETC at a California community college. Please contact an advisor for more information.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site