Public Agency Management
Interdisciplinary Studies - Public Management 90-30, Bachelor of Arts
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Public Management 90-30?
This unique program allows you to transfer up to 90 hours of credit from a regionally accredited community college and/or university. The program will give you a broad and well-rounded education. We will also help you improve your thinking, analysis, and communication skills.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Nonprofit administrator
- Nongovernmental organization leader
- Human resource professional
- Program evaluator
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Budget analyst
- Community college instructor
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
In addition to University Requirements:
- To avoid any deficiencies or risk having to take more than 120 units of credit to complete this degree, a completed associate's degree from a community college AND an Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) from a regionally accredited community college in Arizona are highly recommended.
- Students with a completed associate's degree and an AGEC will have met the 35 units of liberal studies requirements; however, students without an AGEC certification will need to meet the Northern Arizona University liberal studies requirements.
- Students may transfer up to a maximum of 90 units of community college and/or university credit from regionally accredited institutions of higher education.
- Students must complete at least 30 upper-division units of coursework. All coursework in the specialization Area must be upper-division and from Northern Arizona University. Substitutions and use of credit from other institutions are not allowed in the specialization.
- Students must have a grade of "C" or better in all courses used in the major, which includes the specialization and the interdisciplinary studies requirements areas.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
Take the following 30 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Public Management Specialization
- Select from the following (6 units):
Interdisciplinary Studies Requirements
Computer Literacy (3 units)
This coursework must help you to understand, in general, the technical components of computers and information systems, how to solve problems using information systems technology, word processing, spreadsheet use, data base management, graphic information software, website development, graphic design and use of statistical analysis software. Course(s) must have been taken within 10 years of admittance to Northern Arizona University.
Communication Courses (6 units)
- Performance-based courses, defined as having at least 51 percent of the evaluation of the student being based upon oral performance. (3 units)
- Theory-based courses (3 units)
Language Requirement (16 units)
You must demonstrate proficiency in a language other than English that is equivalent to four terms of university coursework in the same language. You may satisfy this requirement by taking language courses or by testing out of all or part of it by taking CLEP, or other exams.
Additional coursework is required, if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you. (Please note that you may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.)
Students transferring into this program from California may meet NAU's liberal studies requirements by completing an IGETC at a California community college. Please contact an advisor for more information.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
- Apache Junction
- Bullhead City
- East Valley
- Lake Havasu City
- Paradise Valley
- Show Low
- Signal Peak
- South Mountain
- Tucson North
- West Valley