Interdisciplinary Studies - Service Industry Management, Bachelor of Arts
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - Service Industry Management?
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
In addition to University Requirements:
- At least 70 units of major requirements including a specialization (30 units); a certificate (at least 15 units); and interdisciplinary studies requirements which include a language proficiency requirement (25 units)
- Be aware that you may not use courses from your specialization or certificate to satisfy liberal studies requirements
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MATY 142|
|Emphasis, Minor, Certificate||Required|
|Progression Plan Link||Not Available|
Take the following 70 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Service Industry Management Specialization (30 units)
Complete a NAU-Yavapai certificate (at least 15 units) outside your Specialization field. Additionally, students in this Service Industry Management Specialization may not complete the Entrepreneurship Certificate.
Interdisciplinary Studies Requirements
Computer Literacy (3 units)
This coursework must help you to understand, in general, the technical components of computers and information systems, how to solve problems using information systems technology, word processing, spreadsheet use, data base management, graphic information software, website development, graphic design and use of statistical analysis software. Course(s) must have been taken within 10 years of admittance to Northern Arizona University.
- Theory-based courses (3 units):
- NAUY 350 (3 units)
- Please note that you cannot use CLEP or locally prepared exams to satisfy this requirement. Transfer credit used to satisfy this requirement must be approved by the Interdisciplinary Studies/BAS Advisory Council.
Language Requirement (16 units)
You must demonstrate proficiency in a language other than English that is equivalent to four terms of university coursework in the same language. You may satisfy this requirement by taking language courses or by testing out of all or part of it by taking CLEP, or other exams.
Additional coursework is required, if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you. (Please note that you may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.)
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site