Business and Administration
Interdisciplinary Studies - Technology Management, Bachelor of Science
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies - Technology Management?
Note: If you want to major in Interdisciplinary Studies-Technology Management, you must apply and be accepted to the Department of Business and Administration program in addition to being admitted to the university.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Community college instructor
- Field tech
- Database analyst
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
In addition to University Requirements:
- At least 66-69 units of major requirements including a specialization (27 units); either a concentration, minor, or certificate (15-18 units); and interdisciplinary studies requirements which include a science requirement (24 units)
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
|Emphasis, Minor, Certificate||Required|
|Progression Plan Link||Not Available|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- You must apply and be accepted to the Department of Business and Administration's program in addition to being admitted to the university.
Liberal Studies Requirement
- If you have earned an AGEC Certification from a regionally accredited community college in Arizona, then you have satisfied the Northern Arizona University Liberal Studies requirement and the Northern Arizona University diversity requirement for this degree. Students who have not earned an AGEC must complete all Liberal Studies requirements and diversity requirements before graduation.
- Contact the department of your Specialization for information about liberal studies courses that are specific to your major.
Associate Degree Transfer Block
- Northern Arizona University accepts a maximum block transfer of 64 units from your associate's degree program. You then take the remaining 56 units at Northern Arizona University to complete 120 units. (30 of the 56 units must be upper-division courses, i.e., those numbered 300 and above.)
- Verification of proper credentials is required for the Specialization Milestone, which is necessary to access the specialization courses.
- For information about the associate's degree transfer block and the appropriateness of your associate's degree, check with an Interdisciplinary Studies advisor.
- The associate's degree major or Specialization in a computer- or information technology-related field should have been completed within 10 years of your application to Northern Arizona University. Students who do not have an associate's degree with a major or Specialization in a computer- or information technology-related field must prepare and present a professional portfolio that demonstrates proficiency in the computer- or information technology-related field they desire to pursue. The professional portfolio may include accredited college course work, professional development courses, and industry/professional certifications. Please note that the professional portfolio will be evaluated for possible admission to the program, but will not satisfy any course requirement.
Take the following 66 - 69 units with a Grade of "C" or better:
Technology Management Specialization (27 units)
Concentration (15 units)
Take at least 15 units that include a minimum of 3 units in each of the following blocks: Ethical Reasoning; Creative Inquiry; Scientific Reasoning; Changing Worlds; and Cultural Perspectives. Courses used to satisfy this requirement may not have been used to satisfy any other requirement for this degree. At least 9 units must be taken at Northern Arizona University and at least 6 units of the 9 units must be upper-division (300- or 400-level).
- Concentration (15 units)
- Creative Inquiry, select from the following (3 units):
Changing Worlds, select from the following (3 units):
- AIS 202, AIS 304
- ANT 105, ANT 253, ANT 301, ANT 303, ANT 306, ANT 350, ANT 351
- CCJ 101, CCJ 250, CCJ 325, CCJ 340, CCJ 360, CCJ 380
- CST 365
- GSP 120, GSP 201, GSP 240, GSP 241, GSP 348, GSP 376
- HIS 240, HIS 241, HIS 291, HIS 292, HIS 308, HIS 394, HIS 397
- PADM 310, PADM 401
- PHI 356, PHI 357
- POS 110, POS 201, POS 210, POS 224, POS 230, POS 231, POS 241, POS 250, POS 254, POS 320, POS 344, POS 355, POS 356, POS 357, POS 359, POS 360, POS 361, POS 362, POS 364
- PSY 250, PSY 375
- REL 390
- SOC 101, SOC 210, SOC 301, SOC 316, SOC 333, SOC 339
- Changing Worlds, select from the following (3 units):
Cultural Perspectives, select from the following (3 units):
- AIS 101, AIS 202, AIS 210, ANT 102, ANT 103, ANT 104, ANT 205, ANT 209, ANT 301, ANT 303, ANT 306, ANT 350
- CCJ 314, CCJ 360
- COM 301
- CST 323
- ENG 245, ENG 345, ENG 381
- ES 191, ES 215, ES 356, ES 391
- HIS 102, HIS 220, HIS 221, HIS 230, HIS 231, HIS 240, HIS 241, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 251, HIS 280, HIS 281, HIS 293, HIS 295, HIS 312, HIS 314, HIS 325, HIS 332, HIS 366, HIS 379, HIS 381, HIS 382, HIS 396
- HUM 130, HUM 261, HUM 281, HUM 291, HUM 362, HUM 381, HUM 382
- MUS 360, MUS 365
- PHI 150
- POS 120, POS 366, POS 370, POS 374
- REL 150, REL 201, REL 206, REL 210, REL 220, REL 301, REL 311, REL 321, REL 331, REL 341, REL 351, REL 355, REL 380
- SOC 204, SOC 215, SOC 315
- WGS 150, WGS 191, WGS 260, WGS 360
- Cultural Perspectives, select from the following (3 units):
Minor (18 units)
You may also fulfill this requirement by completing a minor outside your specialization field, instead of either a concentration or certificate. The minor, which will require at least 18 units, must be completed according to the requirements listed in your catalog of graduation. Refer to specific academic areas within this catalog for information about the coursework requirements for particular minors you may be interested in. (Please note that not all minors are available statewide or online.)
Certificate (15 units)
You may also fulfill this requirement by completing a certificate outside your specialization field, instead of either a concentration or a minor. The certificate, which will require at least 15 units, must be completed according to the requirements listed in your catalog of graduation. Refer to specific academic areas within this catalog for information about the coursework requirements for particular certificates you may be interested in. (Please note that not all certificates are available statewide or online.)
- Certificate (15 units)
Interdisciplinary Studies Requirements
Computer Literacy (6 units)
This coursework must help you to understand, in general, the technical components of computers and information systems, how to solve problems using information systems technology, word processing, spreadsheet use, database management, graphic information software, website development, graphic design and use of statistical analysis software. Course(s) must have been taken within 10 years of admission to Northern Arizona University subject to advisor approval.
Communication Courses (6 units)
You must choose 6 units in the following two categories. At least 3 units of the 6 units must be upper-division.
- Performance-based courses, select one from the following (3 units):
- Theory-based courses, select one from the following (3 units):
Please note that you cannot use CLEP or locally prepared exams to satisfy this requirement. Transfer credit used to satisfy this requirement must be approved by the program director.
Science Requirement, select from the following (12 units):
- ANT 101, ANT 102, ANT 104
- BBA 340
- BIO 301, BIO 302
- (CCJ 355 or PADM 355) or PADM 356
- MAT 114, STA 270, or equivalent
- POS 303
- PSY 230 or equivalent
- SOC 355W or SOC 365
- Courses with Biology, Physics, Astronomy, Mathematics, Statistics, Geology, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry prefixes
Additional coursework is required, if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you. (Please note that you may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.)
All coursework in the specialization areas must be upper-division and from Northern Arizona University. Substitutions and use of credit from other institutions are not allowed in the specialization.
Students transferring into this program from California may meet NAU's liberal studies requirements by completing an IGETC at a California community college. Please contact an advisor for more information.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site