College of Arts and Letters2015-2016
Department of Comparative Cultural Studies
Museum Studies, Minor
Do you love museums? Have you always thought you might want to work in one? This minor offers students the opportunity to explore careers in a quickly expanding and exciting field. Courses cover museum history and tasks museum professionals perform, and internships offer hands-on, real-world experiences.
What Can I Do with a Minor in Museum Studies?
This minor pairs well with majors in Studio Art, Interior Design, History, Comparative Cultural Studies, Anthropology, or even a science. You will be exposed to theory and practice in the study of museums, and become prepared for graduate work in museum studies and a profession in a museum, gallery, auction house, etc.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course, with at least 9 units taken at NAU:
- AIS 201, AIS 232, AIS 460
- ANT 205, ANT 250, ANT 351, ANT 365, ANT 407C
- ARH 141, ARH 142, ARH 143, ARH 145, ARH 220, ARH 257, ARH 269, ARH 270, ARH 335, ARH 340, ARH 341, ARH 342, ARH 343, ARH 344, ARH 345, ARH 346, ARH 347, ARH 351, ARH 352, ARH 353, ARH 355, ARH 356, ARH 361, LAS 365, ARH 370, ARH 380, ARH 430, ARH 440
- ART 122, ART 150, ART 151
- ASN 408, ASN 497
- ENG 302W
- HIS 100, HIS 102, HIS 220, HIS 221, HIS 230, HIS 231, HIS 240, HIS 241, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 251, HIS 270, HIS 280, HIS 281, HIS 291, HIS 292, HIS 293, HIS 502
- HUM 362, LAS 381, HUM 395
- ID 110
- CMF 106, JLS 284
- MER 131
- MGT 303
- MKT 303
- MST 408, MST 497
- PHI 355
- PHO 100
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site