College of Social and Behavioral Sciences2012-2013
Department of Politics and International Affairs
Public Administration, Master of Public Administration
What Can I Do with a Master of Public Administration in Public Administration?
You'll tackle skills like budget or fiscal proposal preparation, human resource management issues, conflict resolution, executive management development, and program evaluation. If you're hoping to advance your career and broaden your expertise, our program can help.
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Nonprofit administrator
- Nongovernmental organization leader
- Human resource professional
- Program evaluator
To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
You must additionally complete:
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||36 - 39|
Take the following 36 - 39 units:
Core Coursework in Public Administration (15 units):
- POS 428, POS 581, POS 600, POS 605, POS 610, POS 612, POS 627, POS 648, POS 657, POS 671
- Other POS courses
- Areas from which you may select a concentration include, but aren't restricted to, Criminal Justice Administration, Educational Administration, Environmental Management, Applied Sociology, and Tribal Government. Consult with your plan advisor for the courses suggested in these areas of concentration.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site