College of Social and Behavioral Sciences2017-2018
Department of Geography, Planning, and Recreation
Park Protection, Undergraduate Certificate
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Park Protection?
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||24|
Complete the following 24 units:
- FIT 100 Park Ranger Fitness (1 unit)
- PRM 216, PRM 230 (6 units)
- PRM 310, PRM 311, PRM 401 (11 units)
A minimum of 14 units of coursework must be taken at Northern Arizona University.
Please note that this certificate is not available for Parks and Recreation Management Majors completing the Park Protection Emphasis.
This certificate may be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program or as a stand-alone certificate. Under both circumstances, federal financial aid can be used for this certificate.
- For the 2018-19 and future catalogs, this certificate may be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program or as a stand-alone certificate. Federal financial aid cannot be used if the certificate is completed as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site