College of Health and Human Services2015-2016
Department of Health Sciences
Physical Education, Minor
What Can I Do with a Minor in Physical Education?
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
- Group Fitness (e.g. aerobic dance)
- Invasion Game (e.g. basketball, hockey)
- Net/Wall (e.g. volleyball, racquetball)
- Recreation (e.g. cycling, golf. Note, swimming and life guard certification is highly recommended)
- Weight Training
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site