College of Arts and Letters2013-2014
Department of Theatre
What Can I Do with a Minor in Theatre?
We offer nationally respected curricula in theatre studies, performance, and design and technology. We will help you develop the broadest possible understanding of the art and craft of the stage with our practical and academic courses. You'll also receive a firm grounding in the liberal arts. You'll study dramatic literature, history, theory and criticism, theatre performance, and design, and technology. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn by doing. The university theatre season includes four faculty directed, mainstage productions and numerous student produced, second stage productions per year.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||22|
Take the following 22 units.
- <Course Error>, <Course Error> (6 units)
- <Course Error> or <Course Error> or <Course Error> (3 units)
- <Course Error> or <Course Error> (3 units)
- <Course Error> or <Course Error> or <Course Error> or <Course Error> (1 unit)
- Select approved TH courses, of which 3 units must be upper-division (300- and 400-level) courses (9 units)
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site