Business and Administration
Applied Science - Technology Management, Bachelor of Applied Science
Our goal in offering the B.A.S. degree is to provide you with a general knowledge of management, organizational, and policy issues and to advance your communication, computer, and quantitative skills. This degree also offers you the opportunity to complete a specialization that will broaden your career horizons, promote life-long learning, and enrich your life. Northern Arizona University offers this degree at selected campuses throughout Arizona.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Science - Technology Management?
You will gain a strong perspective of the structure, function, policies, and practices of IT management. The courses you take will enhance your understanding of management, decision making, and communication skills. You will graduate ready to move into management or administrative positions within the field.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Community college instructor
- Field tech
- Database analyst
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
In addition to University Requirements:
- 64 units in an associate's degree transfer block (If you have been awarded an A.A.S. degree from an Arizona community college, NAU will accept up to 75 transfer units.)
- At least 21 units of B.A.S. Requirements
- At least 18 units of Technology Management Specialization Requirements
- Be aware units of liberal studies requirements may have been satisfied by the associate's degree transfer block.
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- To be admitted into a Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) plan, you must have an associate's degree, either completed or in progress, at a regionally accredited institution and the associate's degree must be completed prior to the awarding of the B.A.S. degree.
- The associate's degree major or emphasis must be in a computer, or information technology, related field within 10 years of your application to Northern Arizona University.
B.A.S. Requirements (21 units)
Designed to help you acquire a general knowledge of management, organizational, and policy issues while advancing your professional communication, computer, and quantitative skills. Courses in bold indicate required courses for this specialization. Other courses may be used to fulfill the core elective block.
Communication Block (3 units)
- Select one: BBA 305W, ENG 302W, ENG 305W
- COM 200, BME 420, CCJ 345W, CST 314, CST 315, CST 424, CST 472, CST 475, CST 477
- BBA 303 (3 units)
- BME 480, CCJ 331, CCJ 333, MGT 303, PAS 325, PAS 326, PAS 327, PAS 401, PAS 408C, PAS 421C, POS 325, POS 326, POS 327, POS 344, POS 359, POS 421C, POS 428, SOC 334, SOC 431
- Select one: BME 210, CCJ 315, CCJ 325, CCJ 380, CCJ 450C, HUM 371, HUM 373, PAS 411, PHI 332W, SOC 301, SOC 333, SOC 339, SOC 441
- Select from any of the unused courses in the above four B.A.S. Requirement blocks (9 units)
- At least 18 units in the B.A.S. Requirements must be upper-division (300-400 level) courses.
- Communication Block (3 units)
Technology Management Specialization Requirements (18 units)
A Specialization Milestone is required before students can access the Specialization courses. Verification of proper credentials is required for the Milestone. Please work with an advisor for more information.
Additional coursework is required, if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you. (Please note that you may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.)
- Please note that you may use the same course to satisfy both a liberal studies and a B.A.S. Requirement; you may also include courses with the course prefixes used in your Technology Management specialization to satisfy liberal studies requirements, but you may not use specific courses from your specialization.
Students transferring into this program from California may meet NAU's liberal studies requirements by completing an IGETC at a California community college. Please contact an advisor for more information.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.