Department of Anthropology
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 - 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units:
Select one course from (3 units):
- Sociocultural: ANT 102, ANT 205, ANT 301, ANT 302, ANT 303, ANT 305, ANT 306, ANT 309W, ANT 390, ANT 404, ANT 406, ANT 407C, ANT 409, ANT 414
- Linguistics: ANT 103
- Archaeology: ANT 104, ANT 250, ANT 350, ANT 351, ANT 355, ANT 359W
- Physical anthropology: ANT 101, ANT 270, ANT 271, ANT 370, ANT 379)
- At least two courses must be upper-division courses, and at least 9 units must be completed through Northern Arizona University's anthropology program. (These requirements are not mutually exclusive; any class may fill both requirements.)
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.