Asian Studies, Minor
Asian Studies Program
College of Arts and Letters
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 - 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units:
Select one course from (3 units)
Select from the following (15 units):
- ARB 101, ARB 102, ARB 201, ARB 202
- ARH 143, ARH 269, ARH 270, ARH 370, ARH 380
- ASN 108, ASN 199, ASN 208, ASN 299, ASN 497
- CHI 101, CHI 102, CHI 201, CHI 202
- ES 206, ES 378
- GSP 241, (GSP 348, when topic is Asia)
- HIS 230, HIS 231, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 251, HIS 270, HIS 312, HIS 314, HIS 325, HIS 331, HIS 332, HIS 378, HIS 379, HIS 421,
- HUM 261, HUM 362
- JPN 101, JPN 102, JPN 201, JPN 202
- PHI 150
- POS 361, POS 370, POS 372
- REL 150, REL 203, REL 206, REL 210, REL 311, REL 331, REL 332, REL 341, REL 351, REL 352, REL 355
We encourage you to select courses in an Asian language, although this is not required. If you must meet a language requirement for your bachelor's degree, we strongly recommend that you take an Asian language to meet that requirement.
For additional information about this minor, contact the plan advisor.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.