The W. A. Franke College of Business2013-2014
Business Administration, Master of Business Administration
This program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
What Can I Do with a Master of Business Administration in Business Administration?
Our building features dedicated MBA space and excellent technology to support your learning. Faculty are approachable and interested in your personal development and education. If you have core business knowledge obtained at the undergraduate level, you can complete our MBA in ten months. If you did not study business as an undergraduate you can complete in our program in 18 months or less.
Our accelerated format allows you to finish more quickly compared to many other MBA programs. You begin earning sooner, and limit the out-of-pocket and opportunity cost of your education. If you are a resident of one of 14 western states you will pay in-state tuition. Scholarships, tuition waivers and graduate assistantships are also available. Please visit our website for details.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Business analyst
- Executive manager
- Marketing director
To receive a master’s degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject areas, consisting of at least 30 units of graduate-level courses. (Many master’s degree programs require more than 30 units.)
You must additionally complete:
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s). This may include a thesis.
- All graduate work with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0.
- All work toward the master’s degree must be completed within six consecutive years. The six years begins with the semester and year of admission to the program.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||30|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 119|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.|
|Additional Fees/Program Fees||Additional Fees and/or Program Fees apply.
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- NAU Graduate Online application is required for all programs. Details on admission requirements are included in the online application.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A"), or the equivalent.
- Admission to many graduate programs is on a competitive basis, and programs may have higher standards than those established by the Graduate College.
- For details on graduate admission policies, please visit the Graduate Admissions Policy
- International applicants have additional admission requirements. Please see the International Graduate Admissions Policy
Individual program admission requirements include:
- GRE® revised General Test or GMAT
- Reference form with contact information for two references
- Prerequisites (completed prior to enrolling in the program)
- Business Foundation Courses listed at: http://www.franke.nau.edu/graduateprograms/
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Responses to specific essay questions
Take the following 30 units:
Core Courses (21 units)
Accounting Concentration (M.B.A.- ACC) (9 units)
Prepares students to receive the necessary hours for the CPA exam.
Provides learning and hands-on experience that enables students to enter the workforce with an advanced skill set.
- Accounting Concentration (M.B.A.- ACC) (9 units)
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
- PROGRAM FEE INFORMATION
Program fees are established by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). A program fee of $7000 has been approved for this program.
Go to mobile site