The W. A. Franke College of Business
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 - 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
No more than fifty percent of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||24|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
Take the following 24 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
- ACC 205, ACC 255, ACC 256 (9 units)
- ISM 120 (3 units)
- ECO 280 (3 units)
- FIN 303 (3 units)
- MGT 303 (3 units)
- MKT 303 (3 units)
- Successful completion of ECO 284 and ECO 285 will fulfill the ECO 280 requirement.
- You must complete at least 9 units of minor courses at NAU, and you must complete the lower-division business courses before you can enroll in upper-division business courses. The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
- You may not minor in a business discipline if your major is in Accountancy, Business Economics, Information Systems, Finance, Management, Marketing, Applied Science - Administration, Applied Science - Technology Management, Applied Science - Logistics and Supply Chain Management, or in Business Administration.
You must have completed all of the coursework used to fulfill these requirements within the last 10 years.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.