Clinical Nursing Specialist Prescriptive Authority Course Bundle, Endorsement
College of Health and Human Services
After you have completed the appropriate courses, you can obtain the endorsement by applying directly to the Arizona Department of Education. Please be aware that to receive an endorsement, you must also be certified to teach elementary, secondary, or special education; the endorsement alone does not certify you to teach in Arizona. Please note that all endorsements are granted through the Arizona Department of Education.
Visit the Arizona Department of Education Educator Certification website for more information and access to the applications for endorsements.
Students who are admitted to the course bundle will be eligible for the official posting of the Course Bundle to their transcripts when all applicable coursework has been successfully completed and approved by the academic unit.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||9|
Additional Admission Requirements
Individual program admission requirements include all of the following:
- Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) certification through an approved national certifying body, such as the American Nurses Credentialing Center or an equivalent organization as determined by the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- EITHER “An Advanced Practice Certification that meets Arizona Board of Nursing R4-19-501(C) regulations” OR “Holds current Arizona Advanced Practice Certification in good standing”.
- A graduate degree with a major in nursing from an accredited school for CNS Applicants.
- Holds a current Arizona registered nurse (RN) license in good standing or an RN license in good standing from a compact party state with multistate privileges.
CNS Course Bundle Requirements
Take the following 9 units:
The Clinical Nursing Specialist Prescriptive Authority Course Bundle will not lead to a degree or certificate but will meet state needs for these advanced practice nurses (CNS) who complete the courses.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Federal financial aid is not available for this course bundle if the bundle of coures is pursued and completed as a stand-alone set of courses, (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program).