Interior Design Event Management, Undergraduate Certificate
Hotel and Restaurant Management
The W. A. Franke College of Business
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
1. Describe the event and meeting industry, including seminars, conventions, conferences, expositions, trade shows, and special events.
2. Conduct effective event and meeting management research, including needs assessment, site analysis, situation analysis, and feasibility studies.
3. Identify criteria utilized in the selection of a site, organizing a budget, and the financial management for an event.
4. Demonstrate the process of planning, selecting, and scheduling activities, organize volunteers and staff, and promote an event.
Take the following 15 units with a grade of "C" or better in each course.
To complete this certificate you must be a declared Interior Design Major.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.