Geographic Information Systems, Minor
Department of Geography, Planning, and Recreation
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||19|
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Collect and use geographic data related to physical and human landscape
- Provide technical analysis based on GIS or remote sensing tools
- Create effective visual representations of data and analyses
- Understand geographic relationships in regard to physical and human landscapes
Take the following 20 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.