Department of History
College of Arts and Letters
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units with a minimum GPA of 2.5, and no grade lower than a "C":
- Select two courses from: HIS 100, HIS 102, HIS 220, HIS 221, HIS 230, HIS 231, HIS 240, HIS 241, HIS 249, HIS 250, HIS 251, HIS 280, HIS 281, HIS 291, HIS 292, HIS 293 (6 units)
- Additional 300-400 level HIS courses; excluding HIS 407, HIS 429, HIS 430 and HIS 466 (6 units)
- Two additional history courses at any level. You may, alternately, combine variable-unit HIS courses, so long as they total at least 6 units. (6 units)
- No more than six units of individualized study coursework (HIS 408, HIS 485, HIS 497) may be used.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.