The W. A. Franke College of Business2015-2016
International Business Studies, Undergraduate Certificate
What Can I Do with a Certificate in International Business Studies?
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 119|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Additional Admission Requirements
- Admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
The W.A. Franke College of Business (FCB) offers more than a dozen undergraduate certificates, some of which are open to all Northern Arizona University students.
For a list of certificates open to non-business majors, contact the Office of Academic Services in the FCB. The FCB will allow you, as a non-FCB student, to take an eligible FCB certificate program if you have a 2.75 cumulative grade point average (GPA), and at least 30 units earned. If you have a GPA of less than 2.75 but at least 2.5, we will admit you into an eligible certificate plan on a space-available basis.
Because non-FCB students are not allowed to take more than 27 units of business classes with the FCB, and because most upper-division business courses require admission to the Business Professional Program or a waiver of prerequisite, non-FCB students must visit the FCB Office of Academic Services before pursuing an FCB certificate.
The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
You must complete 6 units of certificate coursework that are not used in your major, minor, or other certificates, and you must complete at least 60% of certificate coursework at Northern Arizona University.
Take the following 15 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
- Demonstrate a third-term proficiency in a language other than English, either by passing a language proficiency exam at the third-term level or by completing a third-term language course (201) with a grade of "C" or better.
- Select from: ECO 486, FIN 480, MGT 405, MKT 480 (9 units)
- Select nonbusiness courses that enhance your understanding, knowledge, awareness, and perspectives of international affairs. (Please note that up to 6 units of this requirement may be waived with proof of an academic international experience such as study abroad or an international internship.) (6 units)
You must have completed all of the coursework used to fulfill these requirements within the last 10 years.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site