International Communication, Minor
School of Communication
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18 - 24|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Additional Admission Requirements
To participate in the international component of this minor, you must:
- Have earned at least sophomore status with a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5
- Have completed COM 101 and COM 200 (the 6-unit communication core) with grades of "C" or better
- Meet the standards established by NAU's Center for International Education for participating in an international exchange plan
- Apply and be approved for admission to an international exchange plan sanctioned by NAU's School of Communication
Take the following 18 - 24 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course, with at least 12 units in upper-division courses:
Please note that you must consult with your academic advisor and the Office of International Studies before embarking on a Study Abroad plan. In addition, you must have approval to transfer study abroad credits into COM 223 and COM 323 before engaging in a Study Abroad plan.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.