College of Arts and Letters2021-2022

School of Art

Interior Design for Hotel and Restaurant Management Majors, Undergraduate Certificate


What Can I Do with a Certificate in Interior Design for Hotel and Restaurant Management Majors?

A Hospitality major with a Certificate in Hotel and Restaurant Interior Design will enhance their opportunity of being employed by event-planning departments of hotels, convention facilities, exhibition facilities, country clubs, and resorts. The interior design major will be able to create spatial plans; design special and aesthetically pleasing environments; design implementing fire codes, exiting codes, and ADA; and use of appropriate lighting to enhance the event experience.

University Requirements

  • To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.

    Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.


In addition to University Requirements:

  • Complete individual plan requirements.

Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.

Minimum Units for Completion 15
Highest Mathematics Required MAT 114


Certificate Requirements
  • This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.

  • Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.

Campus Availability

Go to mobile site