Applied Science - Industrial Technology Management, Bachelor of Applied Science
Business and Administration
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's diversity, liberal studies, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
The full policy can be viewed here.
In addition to University Requirements:
- 64 units in an associate's degree transfer block. If you have been awarded an A.A.S. degree from an Arizona Community College, NAU will accept up to 75 transfer units.
- At least 6 units of Specialization Prerequisites
- At least 18 units of B.A.S. Requirements
- At least 21 units of Industrial Technology Management Specialization Requirements
- Up to 9 units of specialization prefix courses may be used to satisfy Liberal Studies requirements; these same courses may also be used to satisfy specialization requirements.
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion
|Highest Mathematics Required
|Additional Admission Requirements
|Some online/blended coursework
|Progression Plan Link
|View Progression Plan
Additional Admission Requirements
Individual program admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
To be admitted into a Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) plan, you must have an associate degree, either completed or in progress, from a regionally accredited institution and the associate degree must be completed prior to the awarding of the BAS degree.
The associate's degree major or emphasis must be in a computer, or information technology, trade or technology field within 10 years of your application to Northern Arizona University.
An Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) is required if you attended an Arizona Community College and must be completed prior to NAU degree completion.
Liberal Studies Requirement
- Please note that you may use the same course to satisfy both a liberal studies and a BAS Requirement.
- Up to 9 units of major prefix courses may be used to satisfy Liberal Studies requirements; these same courses may also be used to satisfy major requirements.
- Students with a completed AGEC from Arizona Community Colleges will have met the 35 units of liberal studies requirements.
- Students with a completed IGETC from California Community Colleges will have met the 35 units of liberal studies requirements.
Associate Degree Transfer Block
- 64 units in an associate's degree transfer block. If you have been awarded an AAS degree from an Arizona community college, NAU will accept up to 75 transfer units.
- B.A.S. Requirements (18 units)
Designed to help you acquire a general knowledge of management, organizational, and policy issues while advancing your professional communication, computer, and quantitative skills. Other courses many be used to fulfill the core elective block. Please Note: At least 15 units in the core must be upper-division (300-400 level) courses.
B.A.S. Requirement Electives (3 units)
Select one courses from any of the unused courses in the above four B.A.S. Requirements blocks or from the following courses:
Industrial Technology Management Specialization Requirements (21 units)
A Specialization Milestone is required before students can access the Specialization courses. Verification of proper credentials is required for the Milestone. Please work with an advisor for more information.
Additional coursework is required if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any of the academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. You may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.
We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.