International Tourism Management, Undergraduate Certificate
Hotel and Restaurant Management
The W. A. Franke College of Business
This interdisciplinary certificate plan connects the dots between international destinations, resorts, events, recreation, etc., and such topics as ecotourism, sustainability, and other global issues.
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Discuss issues related to why and how hospitality companies expand into the global market place, the role that the hospitality industry plays in globalization, and factors that affect the ability of the hospitality industry to profit from globalization.
- Explain basic theories of tourism development with industry professionals.
- Describe the positive and negative impacts of tourism on a host community.
- Make recommendations for tourism development.
- Develop a feasibility study for potential ecotourism projects.
Additional Admission Requirements
Individual program admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- To complete this certificate, you must be a declared Hotel and Restaurant Management Major.
Take the following 15 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.