Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Undergraduate Certificate
Department of History
College of Arts and Letters
This certificate is not accepting students.
This certificate presents you with the opportunity to explore a specific area or discipline without the commitments associated with a four-year degree.
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||21 - 25|
Take the following 21 - 25 units:
- Medieval and Renaissance Studies outside the major discipline, to be negotiated with the advisor (6 units)
- Two semesters of Classical Latin (6-8 units)
- Two additional semesters of Latin (Classical and/or Medieval) or of a vernacular language of the period (e.g., Old English, Old Norse, Old French, Renaissance Italian) (6-8 units)
- Additionally, a thesis written within the major discipline on a topic concerning the Middle Ages or Renaissance is required for this certificate (3 units)
This certificate may be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program or as a stand-alone certificate. Federal financial aid cannot be used if the certificate is completed as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.