Management, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
The W. A. Franke College of Business
This program is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's diversity, liberal studies, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
The full policy can be viewed here.
In addition to University Requirements:
- At least 45 units of business core requirements
- At least 27 units of major requirements including 6 units of additional business courses, a certificate, or a minor
- Up to 9 units of major prefix courses may be used to satisfy Liberal Studies requirements; these same courses may also be used to satisfy major requirements.
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 119|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
|Additional Fees/Program Fees||Required|
|University Honors Program||Optional|
|Progression Plan Link||Not Available|
Student Learning Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes
- Manage Human Resources. Implement human resource strategies, including recruiting, selection, training & development, job design, compensation and motivational Incentive programs for a team—all within the framework of legal requirements. Perform negotiation and resolve conflicts.
- Manage Human Interaction in the Workplace. Have an informed perspective on the nature of human interaction in the workplace in order to lead and motivate individuals and teams, effectively communicate with others, diagnose and solve performance issues, and demonstrate an understanding of individual differences and their impact on behavior.
- Enact Strategic Decision-Making. Recognize, recommend, and implement systems to plan, measure, monitor, and improve progress toward achievement of strategic goals in small and large organizations.
- Analyze Business Information. Evaluate and forecast financial statements to determine firm strengths and weaknesses. Identify the changes in human behavior/performance that result from changing financial and business objectives.
- Manage Projects And Processes. Plan, execute, monitor, and control projects and processes focusing in particular on those concepts, skills, and tools that are unique to projects and processes.
- Translate Management Concepts To International Contexts. Develop awareness of the inherent diversity among international business practices, including differences in socio-cultural, legal, political and economic environment.
Additional Admission Requirements
Individual program admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
Admission to Northern Arizona University qualifies you for admission into the preprofessional program in The W. A. Franke College of Business. You must meet the following requirements to enter our professional programs:
- Complete at least 56 units with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better.
- Complete the following courses with a grade of "C" or better in each course: ENG 105, MAT 114, MAT 119, ACC 205, ACC 255, ACC 256, CIS 120, ECO 201, ECO 284, and ECO 285.
- Complete six (6) different Pathways experiences. Transfer students who have met all of the requirements listed above need to complete four (4) Pathways experiences during their first semester in The W. A. Franke College of Business.
- If you have a 2.75 GPA in these courses and have satisfactorily completed Pathways activities designated by The W. A. Franke College of Business, we guarantee your acceptance into our professional program. If your average is less than a 2.75 but you have at least a 2.5 and have satisfactorily completed all designated Pathways activities, we admit you into the professional program on a space-available basis according to the rank order of your grade point average in these courses.
- If you are in the preprofessional program and have completed all required courses with "C" or better, but have a GPA in those courses that is below the acceptable grade point average for admission to the professional program, you may repeat up to two of the required courses in which you earned a "C" to meet the minimum GPA requirement. You may only repeat a required course in which you earned a grade of "C" one time.
Recommended Plan of Study for Freshmen and Sophomores
We recommend the following course sequence for your first four terms:
Please note that you should consider The W. A. Franke College of Business ethics requirement when selecting liberal studies courses.
- First-Term Units: MAT 114, CIS 120, NAU 100, Liberal studies/ethics requirements, MGT 101 (16 units)
- Second-Term Units: ENG 105, MAT 119, ACC 205, Liberal studies/ethics requirements (16 units)
- Third-Term Units: ACC 255, ECO 201, ECO 284, Liberal studies/ethics requirements (15 units)
- Fourth-Term Units: ACC 256, ECO 285, Liberal studies/ethics requirements, Liberal studies Lab Science (16 units)
Business Core (45 units)
Please note that all Management majors are required to take the integrated BizBlock coursework (MGT 300I, MKT 333I and MGT 350IW) to earn a Management degree. Students who add Management as a second degree are required to complete BizBlock, even if they already have completed the MGT 300, MKT 333 and/or MGT 350W and/or ENG 302W courses.
Major Courses (21 units)MGT 300I, MKT 333I and MGT 350IW) is required as a Management major (units counted above in the Business Core section)
These courses represent the General Academic Requirements (GAR) for The W. A. Franke College of Business. Some of these courses also fulfill liberal studies requirements.
For information about the overlap between the GAR and liberal studies, consult an advisor in Room 222 of the college.
- A certificate plan within The W. A. Franke College of Business (15 units); or
- Obtain your advisor's approval to take: either 6 additional units of upper-division business courses; or a minor outside the FCB (18 units); or a certificate plan outside the FCB (15 units)
Additional coursework is required if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any of the academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. You may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.
We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you.
You must have completed all of the coursework used to fulfill these requirements within the last 10 years.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.
- PROGRAM FEE INFORMATION
- Program fees are established by the Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR). A program fee of $580 per year in students' Junior and Senior years has been approved for this program.