Native American Studies, Minor
Department of Applied Indigenous Studies
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 - 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units, with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:Select from the following (9 units):
- AIS 201, AIS 210, AIS 290, AIS 304, AIS 310, AIS 450, AIS 470
- ANT 205, ANT 303, ANT 306, ANT 351, ANT 406
- ARH 361, LAS 365, ARH 440*
- ENG 345*
- HIS 280, HIS 293, HIS 385, HIS 413
- MUS 365
- NAV 101, NAV 102, NAV 201, NAV 202, NAV 303, NAV 304W, NAV 405, NAV 406
- REL 380
- SOC 315
- Or other courses approved by the department chair
Please note that you cannot take this minor if you major in applied indigenous studies. For further information, contact your advisor.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.