Native American Studies, Minor
Department of Applied Indigenous Studies
College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
This minor was designed to provide students with a multidisciplinary understanding of Native American histories, religions, and cultures throughout the past and present.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Take the following 18 units, with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
- AIS 101, AIS 202, and AIS 350 (9 units)
- Select from the following (9 units):
- AIS 201, AIS 210, AIS 250, AIS 260, AIS 290, AIS 304, AIS 310, AIS 450, AIS 470, AIS 480
- ANT 205, ANT 303, ANT 306, ANT 351, ANT 406
- ARH 361, LAS 365, ARH 440*
- ENG 345*
- HIS 280, HIS 293, HIS 413
- MUS 365
- NAV 101, NAV 102, NAV 201, NAV 202, NAV 303, NAV 304W
- SOC 315
- Or other courses approved by the department chair
Please note that you cannot take this minor if you are in the Applied Indigenous Studies BS. For further information, contact your advisor.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.