The W. A. Franke College of Business2021-2022
Non-Profit and Social Entrepreneurship, Undergraduate Certificate
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Non-Profit and Social Entrepreneurship?
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand the unique aspects for the non-profit and social enterprises with respect to economic, governance, legal, human resource, management and leadership issues
- Develop and communicate mission, vision and values statement for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop a business model for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Given a business model, create an appropriate organization and governance structure for a non-profit or social enterprise.
- Develop a strategic plan for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop a marketing/fundraising plan for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Interpret financial statement from non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop appropriate financial management strategies for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop and communicate a written business plan for a non-profit or social enterprise
Additional Admission Requirements
The W.A. Franke College of Business (FCB) offers more than a dozen undergraduate certificates, some of which are open to all Northern Arizona University students.
Because non-FCB students are not allowed to take more than 27 units of business classes with the FCB, and because most upper-division business courses require admission to the Business Professional Program or a waiver of prerequisite, non-FCB students must visit the FCB Office of Academic Services before pursuing an FCB certificate.
The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
You must complete 6 units of certificate coursework that are not used in your major, minor, or other certificates, and you must complete at least 60% of certificate coursework at Northern Arizona University.
Take the following 15 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
This certificate is available to business and non-business majors. Business majors and minors must take twelve hours beyond their normal business curriculum.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site