Human Dimensions of Forest Management, Undergraduate Certificate
College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and appreciate the complexity of managing forests to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population.
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with land management agency personnel, rural, urban and wildland-urban interface residents, and other interested publics.
- Think critically about competing claims and social decisions related to forest management, particularly in the Southwest.
- Apply forest planning and management tools for effectively managing forests, particularly for enhancing forest health, reducing the risk of wildland fire, restoring forest ecosystems, and reducing human-wildlife conflicts.
Take the following 15 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Planning and Management Track:
Please note: At least 9 units must be upper-division, and at most 6 units can be lower-division. A minimum of 9 units must be taken at Northern Arizona University.
This certificate may be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program or as a stand-alone certificate. Federal financial aid cannot be used if the certificate is completed as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.