College of the Environment, Forestry, and Natural Sciences2021-2022
Human Dimensions of Forest Management, Undergraduate Certificate
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Human Dimensions of Forest Management?
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and appreciate the complexity of managing forests to meet the needs of an increasingly diverse population.
- Communicate and collaborate more effectively with land management agency personnel, rural, urban and wildland-urban interface residents, and other interested publics.
- Think critically about competing claims and social decisions related to forest management, particularly in the Southwest.
- Apply forest planning and management tools for effectively managing forests, particularly for enhancing forest health, reducing the risk of wildland fire, restoring forest ecosystems, and reducing human-wildlife conflicts.
Take the following 15 units with a Grade of "C" or better in each course:
Planning and Management Track:
Please note: At least 9 units must be upper-division, and at most 6 units can be lower-division. A minimum of 9 units must be taken at Northern Arizona University.
This certificate may be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program or as a stand-alone certificate. Federal financial aid cannot be used if the certificate is completed as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site