Computer Information Technology, Minor
Online, Statewide, and Education Innovation
This minor in CIT provides students sufficient tools to be able to work toward competency in several IT positions including systems analyst or project manager.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 - 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
No more than fifty percent of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Personalized Learning Competencies for the Minor in Computer Information Technology
Completion of these competencies will result in the awarding of credit for NAU classes
C.1 Explore information technology foundations
C.2 Examine data management and administration
C.3 Examine IT business operations and leadership
C.4 Examine enterprise architecture, network and telecommunications
C.5 Examine business analysis and design
C.6 Examine web-based systems and technologies
Course Credit Earned - Minor Courses 18 units
- BBA 305W Effective Business Communications (3 units)
- CIT 121 Foundations of Computer Information Technology (3 units)
- CIT 294 Technology Information Literacy (3 units)
- CIT 311 Analysis, Design, and Modeling of Databases (3 units)
- CIT 341 Management and Information Technology (3 units)
- CIT 361 Fundamentals of Information Technology and Project Management (3 units)
You may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your faculty mentor for details.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.