Entrepreneurship and Business Development, Minor
Online, Statewide, and Education Innovation
Students in the Entrepreneurship and Business Development minor will analyze core elements, current case studies, and emerging concepts critical to new business development and individual business ownership. Students will evaluate global enterprise opportunities and challenges. Topics include: Venture/Creation Funding, Business Innovation, Business models/Management, New Media Marketing, Human Capital Management, Business Technology, and Risk Management.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Students in the Entrepreneurship & Business Development minor will analyze core elements, current case studies, and emerging concepts critical to new business development and individual business ownership. Students will evaluate global enterprise opportunities and challenges. Topics include:
- Business Innovation
- Business Models/Management
- Business Technology
- Human Capital Management
- New Media Marketing
- Risk Management
- Venture Creation/Funding
Student Learning Outcomes
- Explore and evaluate Entrepreneurship Opportunities and Realities.
- Examine and analyze advanced concepts in Venture Creation, Growth, and Strategy.
- Analyze and apply concepts and processes associated with successful entrepreneurial performance.
- Evaluate the concepts, processes, and systems needed to determine and satisfy customer needs/wants/expectations, meet business goals/objectives, and create new product/service ideas.
- Examine and integrate the concepts, strategies, and systems used to develop a business plan and organizational model, evaluate markets, and evaluate and minimize risk.
Take the following 18 units:
Students enrolled in this minor may not enroll in or pursue the following due to the number of overlapping units:
- Management, BA through Personalized Learning
- Management, BS through Personalized Learning
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your faculty mentor for details.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.