Liberal Arts, Minor
Online, Statewide, and Education Innovation
This minor will provide students with both deeper and broader knowledge of trends in contemporary art and with the analytic and critical skills derived from the study of arts and letters.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
|Some online/blended coursework||Required|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Work in team structure.
- Communicate with diverse populations.
- Solve complex problems.
- Compose academic essays in various rhetorical styles.
- Apply ethical theories to education.
- Formulate and substantiate theses.
- Demonstrate effective transfer of competencies to workplace.
Course Credit Earned (18 units)
- CSTU 272 Group Dynamics and Social Conflict (3 units)
- CSTU 324 Cross-Cultural Communication (3 units)
- ENGL 306W Writing Across Disciplines (3 units)
- HUMA 381 Reflections of Society in Postwar Cinema
- PHIL 106 Ethical Obligation (3 units)
- SOCI 314 The Sociological Aspects of Education (3 units)
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your faculty mentor for details.