College of Social and Behavioral Sciences2021-2022

Department of Applied Indigenous Studies

Tribal Public Administration, Minor


What Can I Do with a Minor in Tribal Public Administration?

If you're interested in working with or for American Indian tribal nations a minor in Tribal Public Administration can be a useful addition to any major. You will be prepared to engage with tribal communities and utilize skills from your major as they apply in federal, state and local situations and apply them to regional issues.

Gain critical skills in tribal employment rights ordinances, intergovernmental relations, environmental management, tribal budgeting and financial administration, tribal strategic planning, and more.

University Requirements

  • A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.

    To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.


In addition to University Requirements:

  • Complete individual plan requirements.

Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.

No more than 50% of the units used to satisfy minor requirements may be used to satisfy major requirements.

Minimum Units for Completion 18
Major GPA C
Some online/blended coursework Required


Minor Requirements
  • Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.

Campus Availability

Go to mobile site