US Mexico Border Social Work, Minor

Arts and Sciences

Extended Campuses

Are you passionate about social and economic justice along the U.S. Mexico border? Do you want a rewarding career working with those populations along the U.S. Mexico border that are disenfranchised, vulnerable, and oppressed? Is your passion to provide service to diverse individuals, groups, and communities? A social work minor at NAU-Yuma will help you accomplish these academic and professional goals. With a minor in social work, you can expand your current major by applying knowledge on social policy and special topics on social work like healthcare, child welfare, and more.

  • A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.

    To receive a minor (18 - 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.

In addition to University Requirements:

  • Complete individual plan requirements.

Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.

Minimum Units for Completion 21

  • This minor is not available to students pursuing the BASW degree. Please contact ad advisor for more information.

  • Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.