College of Education2021-2022
Department of Educational Psychology
Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts
As a student in the MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling program, you’ll take courses, do fieldwork, and participate in practica and internships that will prepare you to be an applied counseling/psychotherapy practitioner in behavioral health agencies, clinics, hospitals and eventually private practices.
This program meets the Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) coursework requirements of Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners and for national counselor certification of the National Board for Certified Counselors.
Student Learning Outcomes
Outcomes align with Standards from the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- Professional orientation and ethical practice - studies that provide an understanding of all of the following aspects of professional functioning.
- Social and cultural diversity - studies that provide an understanding of the cultural context of relationships, issues, and trends in a multicultural society.
- Human growth and development - studies that provide an understanding of the nature and needs of persons at all developmental levels and in multicultural contexts.
- Career development - studies that provide an understanding of career development and related life factors.
- Helping relationships - studies that provide an understanding of the counseling process in a multicultural society.
- Group work - studies that provide both theoretical and experiential understandings of group purpose, development, dynamics, theories, methods, skills, and other group approaches in a multicultural society.
- Assessment - studies that provide an understanding of individual and group approaches to assessment and evaluation in a multicultural society.
- Research and program evaluation - studies that provide an understanding of research methods, statistical analysis, needs assessment, and program evaluation.
- Foundations, contextual dimensions and practice in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
See the full list of Student Learning Outcomes
Go to mobile site