College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences2021-2022
School of Informatics, Computing and Cyber Systems
Computer Science, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
This degree is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET and provides exceptional career flexibility and a broad range of opportunities in programming and software development. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, software developers are among the fastest growing and most rewarding occupations with an exceptionally strong job outlook through 2024 (17% growth).
Graduates with this degree are well-qualified to work for large software development companies like Microsoft, Apple, Google, IBM, Lockheed Martin, Intel, Honeywell, and other software-centric companies and startups. This degree provides a strong foundation for further graduate study in an MS or PhD program; students who are not planning on graduate study may also be interested in the BS in Applied Computer Science program.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the degree, students will have the ability to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Go to mobile site