College of Engineering, Informatics, and Applied Sciences2021-2022
School of Informatics, Computing and Cyber Systems
Computer Engineering, Bachelor of Science
The BS in Computer Engineering will prepare you to work with other engineers and scientists to develop innovative consumer electronics, sensors and instrumentation, integrated circuits, communication systems, computers, and control systems. Computer engineers use digital design and engineering skills to design microcontrollers, microprocessors, and computing systems of all sizes.
Coursework and learning experiences in our program provides students with professional preparation in the study and application of the principles of mathematics, computer science, physics, and the natural sciences for the analysis, design, test, manufacture, and maintenance of computing systems. In addition to the underlying principles of electricity and computing, our curriculum provides you with a solid foundation in problem-solving, analysis, design, project management and preparation for professional licensure. Students have multiple opportunities to learn and practice design starting with our introductory engineering design class and culminating in a Capstone experience that involves engineering design, project management, teamwork and significant client communication.
Our curriculum will help you pursue a career designing and developing the latest smart phone, electronic chips, and products in between that benefit people by connecting, healing, informing, entertaining, defending, and providing the essentials for life.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the degree, students will have the ability to:
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- Function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Go to mobile site