The W. A. Franke College of Business2017-2018
Non-Profit and Social Entrepreneurship, Undergraduate Certificate
What Can I Do with a Certificate in Non-Profit and Social Entrepreneurship?
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that you may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Mathematics Required||MAT 114|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand the unique aspects fo the non-profit and social enterprises with respect to economic, governance, legal, human resource, management and leadership issues
- Develop and communicate mission, vision and values statement for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Develop a business model for a non-profit or social enterprise
- Given a business model, creat an appropriate organization and governance structure for a non-profit or social enterprise.
- Develop a strategic plan for a non-proft or social enterprise
- Develop a makreting/fundraising plan for a non-proft or social enterprise
- Interpret financial statement from non-proft or social enterprise
- Develop appropriate financial management stategies for a non-proft or social enterprise
- Develop and communicat a written business plan for a non-proft or social enterprise
Additional Admission Requirements
The W.A. Franke College of Business (FCB) offers more than a dozen undergraduate certificates, some of which are open to all Northern Arizona University students.
Because non-FCB students are not allowed to take more than 27 units of business classes with the FCB, and because most upper-division business courses require admission to the Business Professional Program or a waiver of prerequisite, non-FCB students must visit the FCB Office of Academic Services before pursuing an FCB certificate.
The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
You must complete 6 units of certificate coursework that are not used in your major, minor, or other certificates, and you must complete at least 60% of certificate coursework at Northern Arizona University.
Take the following 15 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
Students may make the following substitutions. The substituted courses are part of the normal business major/minor requirements. Business majors and minors will need to take ENT 201, ENT 300, ENT 301 and ENT 400 but may substitute for the remaining course as follows.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also take. For prerequisite information click on the course or see your advisor.
Go to mobile site