Online & Education Innovation
A student studying the Management Minor through Personalized Learning will focus on critical management principles that are commonly applied in organizational leadership roles. Students will gain essential workplace knowledge, skills and abilities in the areas of global management, financial management/oversight, strategic/innovative thinking, managing information technology, global marketing, managing human capital and project management.
A minor is earned in conjunction with a bachelor's degree.
To receive a minor (18 to 24 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0. At least 12 units of the minor must be unique to that minor and not applied to any other minor.
In addition to University Requirements:
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Please note that students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||18|
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze management principles from a global perspective
- Engage in strategic, critical and innovative thinking
- Manage financial resources to support the fiscal health and strategic goals of an organization
- Analyze technology management and applications
- Marketing to a global economy
- Recruit and manage talent as part of a strategic business plan
- Apply common project management strategies and procedures
Course Credit Earned 18 units:
- BBA 290 Managerial Accounting and Financial Analysis (3 units)
- BBA 310 Principles of Marketing in the Global Economy (3 units)
- BBA 355 Management of IT Function (3 units)
- BBA 360 Project Management (3 units)
- BBA 400 Advanced Global Management (3 units)
- MGMT 325 Fundamentals in Human Capital Management (3 units)
This minor is not available to students completing the Major in Management through Personalized Learning.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.