Marketing, Undergraduate Certificate
Department of Management, Marketing, and Information Systems
The W. A. Franke College of Business
Marketing enables a business or individual to identify the needs of customers and ultimately provide and communicate the benefits of a product, service or idea for purchase or acceptance. Marketing skills may be applied in all types of organizations including non-profits.
To receive an undergraduate certificate (at least 15 units) at Northern Arizona University, you must complete a planned group of courses from one or more subject matter areas with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
Please be aware that federal financial aid is not available for some certificates, if the certificate is pursued and completed as a stand-alone certificate (i.e., not completed concurrently with a degree program). See the "Details" tab for additional information.
- Complete individual plan requirements.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||15|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 119|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
The purpose of the marketing certificate is to provide non-marketing majors (both business and non-business students) an understanding of fundamental marketing concepts, including positioning, target market selection and branding strategies, as well as provide students exposure to marketing plan development and market research techniques that can be applied to business situations in sales, services or non-profit organizations.
Student Learning Outcomes
With this certificate students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamental marketing concepts and apply that knowledge to business situations in sales, services or non-profit organizations. Students should be able to evaluate business situations (profit or non-profit) and offer useful marketing recommendations.
Additional Admission Requirements
Individual program admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
- The W. A. Franke College of Business (FCB) offers more than a dozen undergraduate certificates, some of which are open to all Northern Arizona University students.
- For a list of certificates open to non-business majors, contact the Office of Academic Services in the FCB.
- The FCB does not accept upper-division transfer credits from programs not accredited by the AACSB (such as the University of Phoenix or the Bachelor of Business Administration program at NAU).
- You must complete 6 units of certificate coursework not used in your major, minor, or other certificates, and at least sixty percent of certificate coursework at Northern Arizona University.
Take the following 15 units with a minimum GPA of 2.0:
- MKT 333 (3 units)
- Select two from: MKT 334, MKT 348, MKT 337 (6 units)
- Select two from: MKT 434, MKT 435, MKT 436, MKT 437, MKT 450, MKT 480 (6 units)
Please note that this certificate is not available for Marketing Majors.
You must have completed all of the coursework used to fulfill these requirements within the last 10 years.
This certificate may only be pursued and completed concurrently with a degree program. This certificate is not available as a stand-alone certificate.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.