Business Administration, Bachelor of Business Administration
Business and Administration
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Available Emphasis Areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business - Emphasis (ending Summer 2023)
- Global Business - Emphasis (ending Summer 2023)
- Human Resource Management - Emphasis
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management - Emphasis
- Management - Emphasis
- Marketing - Emphasis
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's diversity, liberal studies, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
The full policy can be viewed here.
In addition to University Requirements:
- At least 36 units of BBA core requirements
- At least 23 units of emphasis requirements
- Up to 9 units of major prefix courses may be used to satisfy Liberal Studies requirements; these same courses may also be used to satisfy major requirements.
- Elective courses, if needed, to reach an overall total of at least 120 units.
Students may be able to use some courses to meet more than one requirement. Contact your advisor for details.
|Minimum Units for Completion||120|
|Highest Mathematics Required||MAT 131|
|Additional Admission Requirements||Required|
|Progression Plan Link||Not Available|
Additional Admission Requirements
Individual program admission requirements over and above admission to NAU are required.
Prerequisites for Admission to the Professional Program
You must meet the following requirements to enter our professional program with a grade of "C" or better in each course:
- First-Year Composition
- Quantitative Methods: College Algebra or Finite Mathematics, Topics in Calculus
- BBA 201 - Intro to Business Statistics
- BBA 205 - Legal, Ethical, Global, and Regulatory Environment of Business
- BBA 255 - Principles of Financial Accounting
- BBA 256 - Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BBA 284 - Principles of Microeconomics
- BBA 285 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- BBA 293 - Information and Technology Literacy
Associate Degree Transfer Block
- Students transferring into the program may meet admission requirements by completing an ABUS degree from an Arizona Community College. The ABUS includes the AGEC-B, which satisfies the Northern Arizona University liberal studies requirement.
- Students transferring into the program from California may meet the Northern Arizona University liberal studies requirement by completing an IGETC at a California community college.
- All students must complete the Northern Arizona University ethnic and global diversity requirements. These requirements may be met by completing courses at Northern Arizona University or at other institutions.
Take the following 59 - 69 units:
Core Curriculum (36 units)
- BBA 300, BBA 305W, BBA 310, BBA 320, BBA 330, BBA 335, BBA 340, BBA 360, BBA 390, BBA 450, BBA 480, BBA 490C (36 units)
Emphasis Requirements (Select One):
Global Business Emphasis (23-33 units)
For this emphasis, students select one region of the world to use as a focus for all projects and like-kind assignments across the curriculum.
- Global Business Emphasis (23-33 units)
- One or two electives, with a regional international focus are recommended. Courses used to satisfy the foreign language requirement may not be used to satisfy this recommendation. This requirement may also be satisfied by a study abroad (3-6 units)
*Students who are unable to complete an internship due to work/life circumstances may do an intensive guided study project on a specific industry and region under the guidance of a faculty member. A proposal for the project must be approved in advance by a B.B.A. full-time faculty member.
The foreign language requirement may be met by successfully completing a CLEP test for the appropriate number of units.
Additional coursework is required if, after you have met the previously described requirements, you have not yet completed a total of 120 units of credit.
You may take these remaining courses from any of the academic areas, using these courses to pursue your specific interests and goals. You may also use prerequisites or transfer credits as electives if they weren't used to meet major, minor, or liberal studies requirements.
We encourage you to consult with your advisor to select the courses that will be most advantageous to you.
Be aware that some courses may have prerequisites that you must also successfully complete. For prerequisite information, click on the course or see your advisor.